Friday, June 10, 2011

Thing 5 Reflections

Like some of you, I'm scrambling to catch up and finish my posts. And doing them out of order! I've really enjoyed being part of this project. I've been eager to organize and run one ever since the original one in 2006 (?), since I believe it's a terrific way for many of us to learn. I realize it may not work for everyone, and there are times when we're too busy to finish all the assignments. But I do believe that even learning just one new thing is great progress! And it's the little successes that encourage us to learn more. Bit by bit, step by step.

A couple of things that I think we need to do better if we run this again:
  • I wish I'd set up a database to manage all the registrations, blogs, checklists of things. etc. I guess we just didn't expect 150 people to sign up!!! Wow, so glad we had such a turnout. But a database would have made my life simpler. 
  • The social component of the project didn't really take off as we'd hoped. Many of you mentioned this also in your reflections. We thought the Facebook page would be a gathering spot, but it really didn't turn into that. Hesitant to create yet another social-space for people to have to remember to visit though. Maybe the truth is that most people didn't really care that much about the social component? I'm not sure. Something we need to include in a survey after the program ends. 
  • I had another point in mind..... now I've forgotten it! My brain is mush! 

No comments:

Post a Comment